CBSE recognizes the importance of the cultural heritage of our country and believes that it is more than just records of the past. The board hence says that the youngsters should know about this heritage culture in order to develop a better understanding of the history, beliefs, history and values along with the socio-cultural context.
The CBSE board as result launched a website http://heritage.cbseacademic.in under Heritage Education Portal, mainly as a platform for the teachers to help students learn, explore and get acquainted with the local heritage. In fact this link also helps in getting connected with not only the National but even the World Heritage Sites.
The CBSE Heritage India Quiz was initiated in 2001, and is an inter-school competition. The 2013 edition of the Quiz is being held under the joint venture of the CBSE Board and AETN 18 Media Private Ltd. and will be conducted in three phases:
• Phase 1: City Chapter: 1st week of September to Mid-October
• Phase 2 – Regional Chapter- Mid- November to 1st week of December
• Phase 3 – National Semi Finals and Finals – Mid -week of December
Phase 1: City Chapter- Registration
The City Chapter is bifurcated into 1, 2, 3 or 6 City Chapters as per the geographical diversity of the country in addition to the response from every region. The City Chapter will be tentatively conducted between the first week of September to the mid-October, 2013. The event will be for just a day comprising two stages, where every school is required to be represented by a team of three students selected from classes IX-XII.
Stage I Round: Written Examination
The round will have the quiz based on a PowerPoint presentation where the teams collectively answer through writing. The presentation will have 30 questions in all which will have to be answered in 25 minutes. Once the round ends, the students will be given the answers, while the evaluation of the quiz will take place simultaneously to decide qualifying teams for the next round.
Stage II Round: On-Stage
The second round will deal with an on-stage quiz for 60-75 minutes where the questions will be a mix of visual, verbal and audio items. This round will decide the 6 winning teams from every regional group to qualify for the Regional Finals.
Phase 2: Regional Chapter
The Regional Chapter will be held between mid-November and first week of December, 2013. The 6 qualifying teams will be placed in a single group in the Regional Final, rather than the individual 6 teams. This round will also have the on-stage Quiz comprising visual, audio and verbal items, which will hence decide the two top teams qualifying for the National Semi-Finals.
Phase 3: National Semi Finals and Finals
These will be held tentatively in the mid-week of December, 2013. The top 16 teams from the 8 competing regions will be here divided into 4 teams with 4 groups each. 4 teams, one from each group will qualify for the finals.
The schedule for the Quiz will be intimated to the respective schools in advance for the City and Regional Chapters, to help them make the necessary arrangements for the same.
Prizes and Last Date for submission
The CBSE Board is offering exciting prizes for the winners apart from reimbursing the 2nd class rail fare (reservation charges inclusive), for three students and a teacher escort for the teams to be competing in the National Finals. The prize list is as below:
|First Prize||Rs. 21,000/- x 1 team||Rs. 21,000/-|
|Second Prize||Rs. 12,000/- x 1 team||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Third Prize||Rs. 7,500/- x 1 team||Rs. 7,500/-|
|Fourth Prize||Rs. 4,500/- x 1 team||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Second Position at semi-final||Rs. 3,000/- x 4 teams||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Third Position at semi-final||Rs. 1,500/- x 4 teams||Rs. 6,000/-|
The final cities to be conducting the same will be decided shortly. The interested schools can participate by registering on or before 8th August, 2013 (last day) by filling an online registration form available at www.cbseacademic.nic.in. The quiz is open to students from classes IX-XII, where the schools will be selecting three students to compete as a team in the City Chapter.
The schools are required to get a printout of the online registration form and send it along with a DD of INR 600/- (as registration fee) duly signed by the respective School Head, in favour of The Secretary, CBSE, Delhi, and send by speed post to Mr. Sandeep Sethi, Education Officer, CBSE, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi- 110002. The registration will only be confirmed once the board receives the fee through the DD.
Rules and Regulations
• Students from class IX to XII can participate only.
• Each school will be represented by three students in the City Chapter.
• Schools are to register along with the registration fee before 8th August, 2013.
• A total of 36 teams from every region will compete in the City Chapter.
• 6 qualifying teams from the City Chapter will be placed in the Regional Chapter.
• National Semi Finals will have two teams each from the 8 competing regions, where the 16 teams will be divided into 4 teams in 4 groups.
• The Semi Finals and Finals to be held in Delhi and will be aired on television.
• Participants will receive a participation certificate, while the winners will get respective cash prizes and trophy.
• Videography of the rounds will also be done to avoid any discrepancies later.
• The audio/visual system should be installed properly by the respective schools.
• Provision of independent observers also to be made.
• Audience will be drawn from the schools participating.
• Venue of the Quiz will be a neutral school.